I've been here at Burger King for a while using the internet to get free textures for my models. I'm making a game level. So far I've got almost all of the shed and its contents modeled and partially textured. Next I will be finishing up the shed's modeling and texturing and I will create my hedge maze and statue. I'm not sure how to make everything work as a game, but I at least want to get it all modeled up to the point where I can start putting it all into Unity or something.
I also want to continue modeling my character Roman over the summer. He will be one of the main characters of the game.
I guess I'll be learning Unity if I get around to the point where I'll actually need it.
I've got a sort of mystery story to go along with the game, but only for a couple levels. Shouldn't be too hard to go back and make the story from start to finish. Except for the fact that I am a horrible story-writer.
Screenshots of the progress to come.
That's my goal for the summer, I guess, depending on what kind of job I end up getting. Environment, character, Unity. Thought about Mudboxing a nice grotesque giant alien/creature/thing. That would be fun.
Oh and I can't forget about my life-size sculpture of a velociraptor I began last summer. Just need to get some weight for the tail and cover the surface with something like Bondo. Sculpt some skin detail. Possibly order glass reptile eyes. Yeah. For now though he's chillin' in my room under a sheet. I like the sheet over him. It looks like I'm hiding something mysterious, though it's obviously dino-shaped.
Yep, I'm back home, not at school. No more 3D assignments. No more photography. I thought I was ready for a break from those, but I find myself wishing I had an SD card for my camera so I can take pictures of all the cool textures I notice as I go about my day. Then I could use my own textures for my models!
Wait, why modeling? I thought I didn't like modeling! Well, once I finish modeling Roman, I'll have a person to texture and paint and rig and pose and animate. Fun. Stuff.