4/7/12

Dragonfly

So I've started modeling the bug. For some reason I couldn't download the project files to my computer, but one of my friends was nice and sent me the dragonfly.obj. I guess I don't have the stamps that Mr. Justin Narrator Man has, so I had to use different falloffs and sizes and strengths of sculpt tools to get it too look similar to the designs he was making on the video. In addition to that, I'm having a hard time juggling Chrome and Mudbox and my mouse, tablet, and trackpad. It would help if I'd sit at a desk but nooo, I just had to use my bed as a workspace, sitting in my chair all twisted and bent over and reaching for my mouse beyond the drawing tablet. When I would sculpt it would look pixely even though I was on the same subdivision level as Narrator. It bothered me. Summary of this one lesson: it took probably four times as long as it should have, I wish I knew how to make it like Narrator does, I'm going to use my actual desk next time in hopes of achieving better quality sculpting. I hope whatever sculpting happens later on can hide the ugly sculpting made in this lesson.  
This is a real dragonfly.