I want to model a broken military Humvee for Project 3. I found some side, front, and back references to use as image planes (although since I don't want mine to look exactly the same as the reference, I will modify it my own way and use other other references as well to make it different). I also found this video on how to model a Humvee for a game. The model in the video wasn't made by Maya, but I can kind of understand what they're doing.
I want mine to look like the raptors have already cleaned it out and it's been sitting here in this rotten building for decades, broken and unable to help any survivors - if there are any. It will be a symbol of our defeat. Not even our militaries were prepared for something like this. Covered in rust, broken hinges, flat tires, plants growing inside, busted glass, missing lights, raptor scratches, etc. I don't know how I'm going to do all that, but that's what I want.
I don't want to model the vehicle until the building is done though. I hope I'm doing it correctly and modeling enough that I can put the Humvee in the scene and still see it.
I also found lost of good velociraptor attack advice. Concord grapes -- protects against velociraptors and extreme thirst.
I also modeled my building more.
I also modeled my building more.
Side note: I must come up with my own name for Project 3 besides "Abandoned" because everyone's project is themed abandoned.
![]() |
| Front view. The internet has conveniently provided me with side views and a rear view of this same vehicle, though I will not reproduce it to look exactly like the pictures show. |
![]() |
| If only they would really teach us this in school... |
Good velociraptor safety websites:
(Every month is Velociraptor Awareness Month, no matter what they say. I would not recommend the Velociraptor Awareness Month website as a good place for sound information.)


