It's really nice to be able to work on my own computer.
I call the "arch" the "bridge" because I bridged it and it looks like a bridge. So I modeled the bridge and windows. I can't wait to texture the window panes! I also modeled the shutters. It almost bothers me that they don't have hinges, but it doesn't really matter. I also made cracks or places where the plaster had fallen off the wall of the bridge, and bridge quoins. I like that word.
I have thought that this was due on Thursday (it's Tuesday today) but found out it's really due next Tuesday. Glad I won't be quite so stressed out. Everyone seems to have had problems with UV mapping. I am determined not to have any problems with it. ...I guess it's not necessarily completely up to me. Maya likes to mess things up sometimes and my model isn't exactly like the one in the tutorial. But still.
I'm making a life-size Dalek out of cardboard (because wood and fiberglass are too expensive and I don't have the right tools for them). I ran into a slight problem with it last night, and in my dream I imported the cardboard into Maya and fixed the problem. I think I used "extrude." Too bad that won't work in real life.





