1/12/12

A Town Called Panic

I just watched this French stop-motion film called A Town Called Panic. The animation wasn't as smooth as Wallace and Gromit, but the choppy style went perfectly well with the goofy story.

It was total nonsense, which is one of the reasons I liked it.  Steven went into the police box (quite different from the TARDIS) and was scared about how dark it was -- which was hilarious because Steven screams everything he says.

The characters looked like little plastic action figures. Cowboy and Indian's feet were often planted on a green base and they wobbled around like little green army men. The textures weren't as well developed as the textures in Fantastic Mr. Fox, which gave the film a rough, plastic toy feel.

I wouldn't say it was the best stop-motion film I've seen. It does have some bad words or phrases in it, in case you're considering watching it. I wouldn't watch it again.