I modeled the garden maze. Then I put a nice shrubbery texture on the walls. It looked pretty decent, I must say. Then I tried to put a bump or displacement map or something on it. Changed a lot of render settings. Maya froze. I didn't save. Oh the horror stories of 3D modeling.
I sketched out a few weird creatures (I'll hopefully put the sketch up later). Here's one of them I decided to model in Mudbox. (Ignore everything but the head.) Right now I'm working on making the bony structure on his head that wraps around and protects his noggin like an exo-skull. I'll work on the body once I get this skull made.
I tried making the crown/skull thing in Mudbox, but the mesh was really stretched out, which made it impossible to sculpt properly.
I took a lower level mesh of the alien into Maya as an .obj and made the crown/skull structure with extrusions. Then I isolated just that structure and took it back into Mudbox and made an .obj of that. Then I imported it into the scene with the critter. I still need to modify it quite a bit.
How do I combine the two meshes?




